Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fabulous find

Last Friday while on furlough, I decided to stop by the Goodwill store to see what I could find there. I was hoping to find a pair of pants for me or pajamas for Allie. I decided I didn't need pants and there weren't any pajamas so I thought it was a wasted trip.

But on the way out I perused the book shelves and stumbled on this cookbook, "Take 5," from weight watchers. I have no interest in counting points, but I figure a weight watchers cookbook is full of healthy recipes. And with only five ingredients, they're simple.

Tonight I made Quick Posole, a Mexican-style stew that was great and filling. I just went through the book and marked many recipes that I want to try. So many of my cookbooks sit unused, especially since I made the switch to day shift working mom. I need simplicity, and this book looks to be it.

We've been struggling for a long time to find the balance between easy and healthy cooking/eating. I'm hopeful this book will help with that.

Oh, and I also grabbed a couple books for Allie on this trip. While she doesn't sit to listen when we read to her, she is interested in what she hears. Considering how much books cost, Goodwill will be a gold mine to develop Allie's mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment