Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun time with the fam

I posted my full race report over on My Marathon Journey, but I wanted to post pictures from our family race here too. On Saturday Jacob and I ran the 8K (he ran it about 23 minutes faster than me, but came back to find me at the end to help me finish), Jocelyn did the 2-mile run and Jeni and Johanna did the 2-mile walk. Our parents and Allie were there to cheer us on.

Here we are before the race. The morning was rainy but right before the race it cleared up! It did end up misting the whole time I was running, which made the race harder (that along with the hills).

And after the race.

I always need to have a post-race picture with Allie!

Jocelyn won her age group for the 2-mile run!

And Allie really liked playing with Jocelyn's medal.

We had a lot of fun with this event and I think we'll do it next year. Who knows? Maybe Allie can take part in the kids races next year or surely the year after.

No comments:

Post a Comment