Friday, May 15, 2009

I love that sound

Our baby's heart beat is strong; its in the high 150s. I love that sound. Last time I heard it I immediately forgot what it sounded like. But now its with me. Since the nausea went away and I'm not feeling the movements yet or even grown very much, hearing the heart beat reassures me that he or she is still in there!

In addition to the heartbeat today, I had blood drawn to test for AFP and hemoglobin. I don't remember what AFP stands for, but its a screening for spina bifida and some other defects. The hemoglobin test is to make sure I haven't become anemic.

At my next prenatal appointment, or maybe the one after that, they'll start measuring. This is so cool!

Something thats not so cool: the round ligament pain I feel after sneezing while laying down! Ouch! I used to get charlie horses in my sleep and while the round ligament pain doesn't last, it hurts more than a charlie horse.

No comments:

Post a Comment