Monday, May 18, 2009

Weird and annoying things about pregnancy

The #1 weird thing this week: My hormones are making my nose runny! I guess they expand the mucus membranes in my nose or something? Weird.

Round ligament pain cramps my style. The worst is if I sneeze when I'm sleeping flat. Ouch! Luckily I've figured it out so I bend when I feel a sneeze coming on. Luckily the round ligament pain doesn't bother me while running like it did at first.

I never know how my appetite will be from day to day. Same goes for my energy level.

At some point between now and the third trimester I'll have to start sleeping on my side because the growing uterus puts pressure on some arteries or something. I'm not completely sure of the reason. I just know it will be tough because while I usually fall asleep on my side, I move around a lot and end up on my back. How do I make sure I stay on my side while sleeping?

I guess I'll add to this list as pregnancy progresses. I'm sure there will be many more things to add!

No comments:

Post a Comment