Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Things are looking fine

I just got the results from my first trimester screening and everything is looking good!

The test uses an ultrasound to measure the space behind the baby's neck and a blood test to screen for hormones to determine the risk of a baby having Down syndrome or trisomy 13 or 18, chromosome disorders. Apparently it doesn't rule out the disorders, but its a good indicator.

I wasn't worried about any of these defects, but it is nice to have the confirmation.

Work on cleaning the house is going well. Our basement is the cleanest and most empty its been since before we moved in. Next on my agenda is the closets, but I may wait awhile on that because this is a pretty busy week for me. There isn't much else going on here this week.

I have the 20-week ultrasound in six weeks (that still seems so far away!) and after that we can start really thinking about decorating the baby's room and what kind of furniture we want. I didn't want to find out the sex at the ultrasound, but Doug convinced me and I caved in. But now I can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment