Thursday, December 3, 2009

Feeling refreshed

After a decent night of sleep and then an hour and a half nap this morning, I'm feeling pretty refreshed! Its nice after several days of feeling frazzled.

Beyond the sleep, I'm feeling more optimistic about my outlook on some big parts of my life: exercise and my job search. Though I've been a bit frustrated by my workout efforts, I am starting to feel like I'm on my way back. I feel like I could even try to run a bit, but I need to wait until I save enough money to buy a new pair of shoes. But I'm glad I at least feel like I could.

My big news of the day, however, is that I have a job interview next Tuesday, which also happens to be my birthday. Surely that will be a good luck day, right?

Its a clerical position for the state, ironically enough with the unemployment office. I remember when applying for it that the job description and desired skills really seemed to fit me. And if I remember correctly there were multiple positions to be filled. Hopefully that all means good things for me and that maybe after nearly 11 months of unemployment, I can finally work again.

I feel good about this despite my poor interview record. I'm not pregnant anymore, so that won't count against me! So I'll try harder at this interview too. I didn't care much for the interview I had in September because I was sure I wouldn't get the job and I was right.

But even if I don't get this job, I'm feeling more encouraged in general. I retooled my general resume last week and wished I had done that six months ago. I'm also getting ready to put together my CNA resume and start applying for CNA jobs. I'm confident I should be able to get a CNA job quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the job interview. Glad to hear Allie is letting you get a little more sleep.

    ReplyDelete