Sunday, December 6, 2009

I ran today!!!

It was only five minutes and super slow, but it still counts!!

I hurried to the gym this morning after feeding Allie and started walking. I was feeling great and wanting to go faster. I kept trying to tell myself it was too soon, but the urge took over and I let myself go to see if I could do it! I walked 20 minutes and then ran for 5, and walked 10 more. I was going to see if I could run some more, but my body was done.

After a rough start working out this week, I'm really feeling better. I think my fitness really is on its way back. I am thrilled.

My legs felt pretty heavy during the run. I don't know if it was my extra weight or just the fact I had been walking 20 minutes already. But my lungs felt good and my feet didn't hurt. I has been holding myself back because I need new running shoes, but I think I should be OK with a little running until I can get new shoes. I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I bet that felt great!!! You're getting back on track so quickly, I'm impressed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course 5 minutes counts! Way to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete