Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving thanks

On this Thanksgiving, I am so thankful for my amazing and beautiful little girl, who is growing up WAY too fast!

I am thankful for her great dad, my wonderful husband, who does everything he can to make me and Allie happy.

I am even thankful for our only slightly mellow Monk.

I am thankful to be EMPLOYED and looking forward to a real Christmas. I am thankful we can spend time this holiday season with all our family.

I am thankful for the ability to run. Even though my body isn't in the composition I'd like it to be, I am thankful my body allowed me to give birth and that it allows me to run. I would never have met some of my best friends (real life or virtual) if I didn't run.

We didn't have turkey today. I ran the Berbee Derby this morning (check out my race report here!) and my family came because my brother ran it too. We just had chili and sandwiches at our house after. Doug, Allie and I will have a little Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I'm braving a whole turkey and also baking a pumpkin pie. One of these years I'll tackle real stuffing, but this year its just from a box. No Black Friday shopping though. Saturday is Thanksgiving with my family. We could have 25 people there!

Its a glorious long weekend here, something else I am thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment