Thursday, November 4, 2010

Party time

Saturday morning started really early for me and Doug. We did some cleaning during the week, but we still had plenty to do before Allie's birthday party. Luckily, Allie slept in so we were able to get more done. After Allie got up and had eaten, she and Dada went to do the grocery shopping and then she took a nap while we finished cleaning.

Finally the cleaning was complete. The food was pretty simple finger food that I had made earlier and just had to set out. The hardest part was making Allie's birthday cake. It was a lot of work for a cake that really only had two pieces eaten, but at least I can say I made her first birthday cake.

It looks like cookies n' cream, but its actually cream cheese frosting with raisins. If I were to use this recipe again, I'd leave the raisins out. I actually liked this cake and it turned out well. It was my first time making a layer cake. Allie liked it and would have eaten more this week if she hadn't been sick.

There were plenty of treats for the party guests. Jeni made pumpkin bars and we bought a second cake from Target. Even though Allie wouldn't be eating the second cake, we still got the princess 1st birthday cake because she's our little princess!

We really like Target cakes and it was way easier than making two cakes! The 1 that was on the cake I made actually came with the Target cake. We'd bought another number 1, but when I was taking decorations out, I left that in the bag and the bag got thrown away! Good thing we got the 1st birthday cake from Target!

I still have my lamb chop from when I was a baby, and now Allie has a lamb chop too! She got lamb chop from grandma and grandpa Swanson. She was more interested in the tag though.

She got fun princess stuff from Uncle Justin and Aunt Kira along with an awesome Hello Kitty card.

Allie loved the bow on the box more!

Perhaps Allie's favorite actual toy she got was this crawling worm toy she got from Ryan, the baby she's in daycare with. In the craziness I forgot to take a picture of those two together! Ryan is two and a half months younger than Allie.

Allie got lots of clothes and toys but she definitely loved the bows and tags and tissue paper more.

Look at those red cheeks! Hopefully Allie won't be sick for her next birthday.

Allie really liked her cake. She ate almost the entire piece, and it was pretty big!

And after the party, we finally got to relax. Because Allie was under the weather, we postponed the rest of her birthday celebration until this weekend. The good news is, Allie is recovering nicely and will party again on Sunday!

It was a great day and a great year. I can't believe how fast one year with our baby has gone by. She is an amazing child and I can't wait to see what she does next.

2 comments:

  1. I've been so bad about reading blogs lately. Looks like a fun party despite Allie being sick! Hope she's feeling better now. I never realized how much kids grew up in the first year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She got fun princess stuff from >Uncle Justin and Aunt Kira< along with an awesome Hello Kitty card."

    This made my night. :)

    ReplyDelete