Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blizzard of '11

It was a week ago, but here are promised pictures of our latest blizzard. I have a million pictures of snow in front of and behind our house in the four years we've lived here. But this is the most intense load of snow I remember having fall all at the same time! Perhaps more importantly, this post is the result of my first time uploading pictures on the new computer.

Taken through our front window. Look at the impressive drift where our porch used to be!

Snow drifts against garages. We didn't get plowed until the evening and I didn't see any tire tracks in these drifts! No one went anywhere that day!

The drift on our garage wasn't quite as impressive.

That used to be a bench.

Frost on the door.

Allie was fascinated by the mound of snow. I shoveled enough of the porch to allow Monk to do her business. I only spent 15 minutes shoveling. It was hard work!

The tunnel we were left with once the real shovelers cleared us out. It was like driving and walking through tunnels or a snow fort!

It has been plenty cold and we've had a few more inches of snow since the blizzard. I know I'm not the only one voicing my desire for winter to go away! This winter has been exhausting. But tomorrow and going into next week its starting to warm up a bit. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment