Saturday, July 23, 2011

We love the Terrace!

We love going to the UW Memorial Union Terrace and getting ice cream. Unfortunately we don't love the parking. Its impossible to park there. But I'm not writing about the parking.

Its still really hot here, but not extreme. I'd say cool enough but it certainly wasn't cool... what I mean is its not so yucky so we could go outside! We spent time outside in the morning at the farmer's market and later after Allie's nap went to the terrace.

We walked around a pier for a few minutes looking at the ducks. Allie really liked them. She said "hi" to them when she saw them and she said "bye," complete with a wave, when we left them.

But it was too hot to walk around by the water before we went to get our ice cream!

I remember this spring, the first time we gave Allie ice cream. We'd gone to State Street and walked around the Capitol. She wasn't very interested at the time. Well, she was quite interested today!


The terrace is always crowded. Look at the lake and you can see why. Add to that beer (which we have never partaken there), ice cream, brats, and the fact that its UW! Its everything thats awesome about Wisconsin!

After our ice cream we walked down by the lake some more.

Look at that sun! Before we went to the terrace, I decided it would be a good idea to go for a run in that heat. I got done and wondered what had made me think that would be a good idea? Oh yeah, the fact that we were coming here for ice cream afterward. It seems like everything we like in Madison involves ice cream in some way...

I say this a lot, but this is a good illustration: This is why we love Madison. This is why it never crossed our minds to move after I got laid off in 2009. I just wish it was a little easier to park around that area!

No comments:

Post a Comment