Friday, December 16, 2011

'Tis the season for... rain and fog?


I took these pictures on my phone the other night walking out of work. It was foggy and rainy and not terribly cold. It felt more like early spring than mid-December! It was kind of neat to see the top of the Capital obscured by fog.

I have heard the news off and on that its supposed to be a snowy winter, but other than a few flakes back before Thanksgiving, nada. Of course I don't mind! It was kind of strange though to have my birthday pass without a big storm or any snow at all. The last few years we've had blizzards on or around my birthday. As long as we can travel to southern Illinois for Christmas next week, we can handle any snow after that. Of course I say that now, but I'm sure I'll sing a different tune once that snow actually comes! I just have to wonder if all that snow we're not getting is going to save itself for a bigger blizzard than the ones we've seen the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment