Sunday, January 22, 2012

Introducing baby Tyler!

On Thursday, Jan. 5, I became an aunty again and Allie got a new baby cousin!
Photo by Jocelyn Swanson
Baby Tyler wasn't due until the end of February. But complications with Mama, my sister Jeni, moved up his debut. Born eight weeks early via emergency c-section, he weighed 4 pounds 15 ounces and was 18 inches long.

It was all very sudden. Tyler was born on Thursday and we were supposed to have her first of two showers that Saturday! I had to hastily let everyone know it was canceled. We just rescheduled it and its the invitation photo card that I shared on the post under this one. Unfortunately I was looking at the wrong month when I put the date on the card, so we'll have to figure out a way to fix it when I get the cards this week! But I'm very excited to throw a shower for our new Mama!

It was a couple days until Mama got to meet Tyler. But when she did, they were both so excited.

I stole this photo and the next four from Jeni's facebook page.
Here's Tyler with his Dada, Allie's uncle Dave.

And here are some great pictures of baby Tyler! He's such a cutie, especially now that he's starting to open his eyes more!



Congratulations Aunt Jeni and Uncle Dave!

We went and saw Jeni in the hospital the weekend after Tyler was born and we saw Tyler in the NICU. I didn't get to hold him that day though. But last weekend I went to see Tyler again and got to hold him! He's so little!

This photo is actually mine.
Baby Tyler is doing great. He's been gaining weight like a champ and today was up to 5 pounds 8.4 ounces. He's sleeping in a regular crib, meaning he's maintaining his body temperature on his own. The only issue is in feeding and its just going to take time for him to get it. Everyone's hopeful he can go home from the hospital within the next couple weeks.

1 comment: