Sunday, March 22, 2009

Can't say I'm too impressed with pregnancy so far

I guess I must be at the point where there are a lot more changes in my body. Some of them are more unpleasant than others.

Morning sickness made itself known last week. I haven't been vomiting yet, but boy have I been nauseous! Yuck. My stomach gets queasy if it gets too empty but sometimes too when it gets too full. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.

This weekend I've been queasy since yesterday afternoon after my workout. I still haven't figured out how to not be queasy after finishing a workout.

Doug and I were going to go to church this morning but he's been under the weather all weekend so we decided not to go. It ended up being a good thing because I got queasy after breakfast. I finally got an appetite for lunch at 2 p.m., but now I've just been starving since! I have already gained about 5 pounds in the three weeks I've known about the pregnancy because I have to eat constantly.

This weekend I also discovered heartburn. Yeah, thats something that will only get worse from what I read. Doug and I had dinner at Buffalo Wildwings on Friday and we ate way too much, which didn't help, and my wings were too spicy. The heartburn didn't go away til last night.

But its not all bad. My hair is extra shiny and my complexion seems to be clearing. I love thinking about how things will be in seven months when this little one is out. We're having a baby!

When we went to the doctor Thursday they gave us a diaper bag with a bunch of free baby stuff inside, sample diapers and formula and some books. There was also a pamphlet about the hospital I will deliver at. The birthing area sounds more like a hotel! They have state of the art birthing suites where I will do everything, labor, delivery and recovery. The baby will be in there and Doug can sleep there too. And if we need a rest, there is a nursery. They have everything they need for every delivery. I think we made a good choice about our clinic and hospital. They offer tours that Doug and I will take one of these weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment