Thursday, March 19, 2009

Our little bean


We had our first prenatal visit today and got to see our very young baby. You're looking at his or her very first pictures here! At 7 weeks, it just looks like a little bean, but its our bean! We could see the heartbeat and yolk sac. He or she is nine-tenths of a centimeter right now with a heartbeat of 160 beats per minute. We're smitten.


I have read in my pregnancy book that within the next week a big growth spurt will take place and the fetus will more than double in size, going from .2 inch to a half inch.

You are here because Doug and I have chosen to share our good news with you! Despite the rough year we have had so far with me losing my job, we couldn't be happier with how the tide has turned. Baby Durso is expected to arrive in early November, the fifth is the estimated due date. Doug and I, but probably mostly I, will write in here to give the updates on what's going on in our lives as we prepare to welcome our little bundle of joy. I hope you will enjoy reading this blog as much as I expect to enjoy writing it.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this exciting time in your lives with the rest of us! We are so excited for you two. What a blessing! November seems like a million years from now but I can be patient I guess. We look forward to future posts! Love, Aunt Julie (hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little bean is already adorable. Hope you are feeling better. Just remember, the morning sickness will pass!!!

    Love,
    Grandma Durso

    ReplyDelete