Thursday, April 30, 2009

Goodbye first tri!

Today marks the start of the second trimester! I am so relieved to have the first trimester over with. No more nausea, no more need to eat every two hours. In fact, my appetite has lessened considerably. I haven't gained any weight in two weeks, much to my relief! I haven't really had the increase in energy I hear about though. In fact, I went to bed really early last night! But I am most happy that with the start of the second trimester, the risk of miscarriage goes down considerably. I will admit, I have been kind of nervous during the first trimester just because there is so much that can go wrong. But it didn't go wrong!

All my books say the baby is about 3 inches long now and weighs about an ounce. He or she is the size of a peach. But the books make me think maybe I'm farther along than my due date indicates because the baby was 3 inches at the ultrasound last week. Hmmmmmm....

I notice now a more full feeling in my lower abdomen, its also getting more firm. As of last week my uterus was too big for its space in the pelvis. Its starting to expand outward and upward. I think its only a matter of time before I start to show.

The last few days I have finally started doing some of the house cleaning that will lead to getting the baby's room ready. I started in the basement and got rid of more than half of my stuff there... stuff thats been in boxes for two to who knows how many years. Throughout high school and college I think I kept every greeting card and school paper I ever got. Well, thats all being recycled now. I started the project yesterday and filled our recycling bin halfway. So today I took a car full of empty boxes and old papers to the recycling drop off site. And I'm not done yet, though I'm going to take tomorrow off.

My goal is to get the basement cleaned and then clean out all the closets in the house. I also want to reorganize my kitchen cabinets a bit to get rid of some things and get better storage. The closets will lead to preparing the baby's room and the kitchen will just make life easier.

I am really ready to say now this is real to me. I am having a baby. Doug and I are having a baby. Its so amazing to think about. Now I'm working toward getting the baby's room ready and before I know it we will be getting baby stuff to put in the room! Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment