Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sleepy girl

Allie has always kept a strange schedule on the weekends. I think just because she's out of the daycare routine. For example, yesterday she woke up at 6 and didn't go down for an official nap until about 11:30. We went out in the morning and she dozed a little, but no nap.

So her second nap of the day ended up being kind of late. She woke up around 2 from her first nap and was ready to sleep again around 4. She went to sleep at 4:30 and then she kept.... on.... sleeping! Finally around 9 I got her up to change her and feed her and see if she'd stay up a little while. I was worried about her deciding it was time to get up for the day at 4 a.m. or something. Well, aside from being annoyed that I disturbed her, she barely woke up. I put her right back to bed at 9:30 and she kept.... on.... sleeping! Woke up for a feeding at 4 and then slept until 7:15! I guess she's growing again or something.

Its been a good weekend for sleeping. I slept a lot yesterday too, in the form of not one, but two naps! And I slept 10 hours last night as well. I think my body is trying to finally kick this cold I've had for the last week and a half.

Because of my cold and also the cold and yucky weather on Saturday, we didn't do the Crazylegs walk. :-( If I had been well, and if we didn't have Allie, Doug and I would have done it for sure. And as race time approached, it wasn't raining but still cold. But its so hard to really do anything downtown anyway and its a lot harder for a big event like this. It was just hard with a baby, and especially since we've all been sick lately. We really needed the weather to be better. So we went and picked up our tshirts and then went out to breakfast instead. At least we supported Badger athletics!

Our breakfast choice was a hit. We decided to ty something new and we will definitely go back to Monty's Blue Plate Diner. I had their donut french toast: "Two of our Raised Donuts, dipped in spiced egg batter and grilled golden brown. Topped with powdered sugar and served with American fried potatoes." Not so good for the diet, but oh-so-good for the pure enjoyment!

1 comment:

  1. Don't blame you guys for skipping out on the walk (esp. after last year). Even though it wasn't really raining, it was still pretty chilly and windy. I love donuts and French toast so I can only imagine how amazing their breakfast is. Served all day, eh??

    ReplyDelete