Thursday, April 29, 2010

There goes April

Where did the month go? It seems like it was just last weekend we had our Easter trip to southern Illinois. But here we are on April 29 and I only ran 6 miles this month.

I feel like our family spent the whole month of April sick or recovering from being sick! It hit me the worst. I used to never get sick but spending a year in my house caught up with me as I've been out in the world again. I've had four colds since January and a bout of mastitis. Right now I'm dealing with the after-effects of a probable sinus infection. I still have fluid in my ears, which has caused me to lose a bit of my hearing and have a terrible ringing.

Its an especially heinous form of torture, this ringing. I can't hear anything but this loud ringing. It gives me headaches. And its going to take a few weeks to a month to clear up. I just hope this doesn't become permanent.

I do consider it a small victory that I've managed to work two weeks without taking a sick day.

And of course we had Allie's first cold this month, which she passed to mommy and daddy!

So it was a tough month, physically and mentally. I'm sure May will be better. At least one thing is sure: I will beat April's mileage in May!

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww. I hope you feel better soon. That sounds terrible. None of your body parts were spared!

    ReplyDelete