Friday, December 31, 2010

What a way to ring in the new year

Allie is sick :-(

We went out to do a little shopping and then have dinner this evening. We went to Kohl's, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble and then we went to have dinner at Spartan Pizza in McFarland because I won a gift certficate from there in September.

But when we got to Spartan Pizza, we could tell Allie wasn't feeling well. Doug said she threw up a little when I went to the bathroom. She didn't seem like she felt well, but we could tell she was trying to be happy. She didn't want to eat. Doug wanted to just have them box up our pizza and go home, but I insisted on staying and eating. So we got our pizza and started eating and then she threw up for real.

Oh my gosh, I felt awful. Poor baby! I feel terrible that we took her out when she was getting sick!

Looking back at how Allie was today, I see the signs that she wasn't feeling well. She slept in and then she was ready for a nap earlier than usual, though I kept her up. I gave her a snack before putting her down and she didn't eat very much of it. Then she only slept about an hour and a half and she woke up cranky. Doug gave her lunch and said she didn't eat much of that food either. She was acting really tired. The whole time she seemed to be in a good mood. So we went out and even though she fell asleep in the car a few times we didn't think anything of it.

At dinner she seemed so uncomfortable in the high chair. She would eat anything or drink her milk. She actually put her head down on the table!

Needless to say after she threw up, we got our pizza boxed up and went home. Allie was out the minute we got her in the car. We got home and changed her clothes and put her to bed and she didn't make a sound.

She really didn't eat much today so I don't think its something she ate. I think she must have caught some kind of bug. I suppose I'm not surprised with how crazy things have been with the holidays. This poor kid can't seem to stay well for the holidays. She was sick on Halloween and now again on New Years.

Doug and I were going to have a few drinks to ring in the new year, but that was canceled when our baby got sick. What a way to ring in the new year, with a puking baby. At least we've been lucky. Aside from two colds and the virus that gave her diarrhea, Allie hasn't been sick at all. How many other parents have made it past the first year before dealing with puke?

No comments:

Post a Comment