Monday, January 3, 2011

Molars

I realized on Sunday why Allie was sick over the weekend: She's teething molars.

Teething isn't a picnic for babies, though Allie has had an easy time. These molars, however, are a different story.

Allie only threw up those couple times at dinner time on New Years Eve. But her fever continued all day on New Years Day and she barely left Mama's lap. I would have loved it, except for the circumstances. She had other unpleasantries as well. Apparently, however, these could have been signs of other illness. Who knows?

She perked up after dinner Sunday, though the fever remained. It was gone Sunday morning but came back Sunday afternoon. I thought to check her gums in the front but no new teeth. A bit later I checked further back and there they were! Pronounced bumps where four molars will be.

She's had the drooling, runny nose, etc. This weekend we added crankiness and lack of sleep. I wonder how long this will last?

1 comment:

  1. I hope it goes fast for Allie! Audrey's been moving molars since Thanksgiving...and only 1 is through her gums now! Hugs to you guys!

    ReplyDelete