Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dreamin' of green

Lately I've been reliving that moment when we landed in California in December. It was foggy that day so we had no idea we were about to hit the ground. And when we did, the landscape came into view and everything was green. When we'd left Milwaukee that morning it had snowed for the first time this winter and everything before that was brown. That's how it still is in mid-March. Winter had dragged on as it tends to do here. And especially after a fresh 6 inches of snow yesterday, I'm California-dreamin' and yearning for green.

I'd planned on writing a whole series of posts detailing every moment of our vacation. Well, three months later I still haven't. And I'll be honest, I probably won't. And I only shared a few pictures. So now it seems fitting that as I'm thinking of green, I'll share a few of those pictures and torture myself some more.

From the top of the rock that is Alcatraz. That island is amazing. Its a workout, but this view was totally worth it. Look at those clouds!

At the Golden Gate Bridge. The temps were in the 50s the whole time we were there. We only wore jackets for our sightseeing. It was amusing because it was "cold" there at that time and we saw people wearing parkas. It was great because the temps were perfect and nothing was crowded.

View from the bridge. How'd you like to live with this scenery every day? I don't think I'd ever get anything done!

Palm trees on Union Square.

The skating rink at Union Square. People were ice skating in t-shirts. I wanted to try ice skating, but we were running short on time and everyone skating was so really good. If I'd put on skates I probably would have promptly fallen on my butt.

Sing along with me, "California dreamin' on such a winter's daaaaaaaay."

It will thaw here eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment