Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Eating like a human?


Meal time can be difficult sometimes. But lately its been really good. Tonight I made cajun red beans and rice. Since it was too spicy for Allie, I saved her some plain rice and mixed some vegetables in. The plan was to start with that and then try a few other things and see what she'd eat. Not only did she eat it up, she started using the spoon really well! She hasn't quite grasped the whole process; she puts the spoon in the bowl but hasn't figured out how to get food onto the spoon. But she let me help her with that and did reasonably well with feeding herself as long as you don't pay attention to all the rice that littered the table!

Allie is learning the proper way to eat. However, she occasionally does try to lick food from the bowl or the plate like the dog!

I made a discovery on Sunday. Allie loves blueberry muffins. And I mean she LOVES blueberry muffins. I know she's had them before, but this was the first time I made some for her. The result? Out of a dozen muffins, I think Allie has had eight of them. Lesson learned? Mama needs to buy more muffin cups and make a lot of muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment