Sunday, September 18, 2011

I was right

Well, in the past two weeks everyone around me who could be sick, was. Allie brought it into the house and then Dada got (and still has) it. Coworkers have been sick along with one of our daycare's kids. I got the first tickle in my nose and scratch in my throat Friday morning. Saturday I was miserable through the middle of the night but felt OK during the day as Allie and I headed to my cousin's baby shower with mom, Julie and two of Allie's cousins. But by the time we left I knew I had fully succombed.

I knew I'd get sick this time around, and it turns out I was right.


The unfortunate thing is that the way my breathing/lungs feel, especially how quickly this cold moved into my chest (pretty much right away), I'm afraid this may end up in a bronchaitis-type infection, especially considering I know of at least one case of walking pneumonia encountered this week.

So the question now is how long this will last and how bad will it get? Doug is still sick but Allie is fine so its tougher for both of us to keep track of Allie while doing our best to rest and recover. But to her credit, Allie's been really good. This morning while Dada was doing the grocery shopping and Mama was sitting and feeling yucky, Allie was perfectly content to play quietly on her own. Now hopefully she'll take a long nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment