Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Just like that, summer's gone

Its funny how while Allie is still a few years away from school, it really felt like it was time for school to start. Maybe it was the weather cooling right at Labor Day weekend or perhaps the preparations Bridget's kids were making to start school. But it feels like all of the sudden, summer's gone and we're well into fall.

I wore long sleeves on a couple of my morning runs last week. Twice now we've had to scramble to find some long pants for Allie to wear. Its harder than it seems because she's grown since the last time she wore pants. A lot of them, while they still fit her waist, are short! The jeans she wore today are passable, but others have been funny to try on. I have a bag of bigger fall clothes in the basement that I need to bring up so that Allie can wear some clothes that fit! It was warm over the weekend and warm yesterday. Today was that in between day where it was chilly in the morning and pleasant after work. But soon we'll have to get the winter coats out!

One of the things I really love about the fall is the lighting. With the sun lower in the sky in the evening, I just love how the sun shines through the trees and the shadows. I love the pictures I take outside in the fall.

We have lots of fun stuff going on this fall. No breaks for us. We're looking forward to all the new adventures we can find this fall with Allie a year older. When we go to the pumpkin patch in October, we may try the kids' corn maze! And when it snows, we're thinking we'll go to one of the smaller hills and try sledding. I wonder what Allie will think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment