Monday, July 19, 2010

July 17

July 17 is a special day for our family.

First, its my dad's birthday, July 17, 1946. Dennis Danielewicz would have turned 64 last Saturday.

Even though its been 17 years since he died, I still think about him a lot. I wish he was here to meet his youngest granddaughter.

Second, July 17, 2006, is the day Doug asked me to marry him. He picked that day because its Dad's birthday and he knew it was a special day for me.

Last, but not least, July 17, 2005, is the day our darling Monk was born! She turned 5 on Saturday. Its just a coincidence that we got a dog with the same birthday as my dad, or is it something more?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Allie is doing so much lately. We should try to get together again soon. I'd love to see all her new tricks.

    That was a really sweet post about your dad. I'm sure he's looking down on you and is so proud of you and thinks Allie is a beautiful wonderful little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me tear up a bit... Justin and I went and visited Dennis on the 31st...

    It was so romantic (for lack of a better word?) that Doug proposed on that day, and yes, it is very coincidental that Monk was born on July 17th. Weird, but very, very cool.

    ReplyDelete