Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crazy!

This morning Allie, Doug and I were 3 of the 22,000 participants in the 30th annual Crazylegs Classic. The last two years it rained on the race and we were afraid it would rain today too. But it turned out perfect! It was pretty windy, but as the temperature rose, the wind was good because it got humid too.


We parked downtown at 9:15. The start was at 10, so we walked around a bit and I got some breakfast at Subway.

Allie decided she didn't really care for the stroller, that she'd rather walk, or run, around. Too bad there were so many people around! She had to stay in the stroller.

We saw Bucky when we were waiting for the walk to start! I did the 8K run and Doug and Allie did the 2-mile walk.

I was in one of the last waves, so I hung out with them until they started walking and then I went to wait for my start.


 We took a fun family picture, and then it was time for Allie and Dada to start walking!

The races end on the 50-yard line of Camp Randall Stadium. Doug couldn't take the stroller into the stadium, so Allie got to run around after all. She liked running around on the field.

Because there were so many people, there's a wave start. My wave didn't start until Doug and Allie were almost done walking!

They hung out right outside the stadium to watch me finish my run. It was a nice surprise to see them there. We weren't sure how we would coordinate because we would have to walk back downtown to get to the car. My arm looks like its broken in the picture because I was waving and calling Allie. We don't know if she actually saw me.

I had a great run. My official finish time was 57:15, which is over 8 minutes faster than I ran it two years ago and its also 5 minutes faster than I thought I'd run this year! I'll be posting a full race report over in My Marathon Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment