Monday, April 4, 2011

Travel partner

It was a busy weekend for the Durso pack, well, two-thirds of the Durso pack. On Friday, Mama and Allie stayed home because daycare was on spring break. We had a nice relaxed morning and then enjoyed some shopping and then playtime in the afternoon. Then on Saturday we had a long day trip down to Rockford for wedding-themed day.

Friday and Saturday were my first time traveling with Allie since we switched her carseat to face forward. It was fun! I adjusted the rear view mirror so I could check on her from time to time. Almost every time I looked at her she smiled at me. The smarty pants could tell what I was doing! When she was really wound up, she'd do something silly when I looked at her.

The day started with Mama going to a bridal shower and Aunt Jeni babysitting. They had macaroni and cheese and went for a walk, among other things. Then Jeni had an appointment, Allie had a nap, and Mama got to hang by herself for a bit. After that we drove to Rockton to see Grandma and Grandpa Swanson. Next it was Burlington Coat Factory to buy Allie's flower girl dress. Then we went to get Mama's dress. Unfortunately it didn't fit, but I know it will on Jeni's wedding day! After that we all went to dinner and then it was time for Mama and Allie to head home.

It was two-thirds of the Durso pack because poor Dada was sick all weekend. The plan was for Dada to stay home Saturday anyway, but it wasn't so enjoyable for him! He stayed home from work today too. So again it was the two girls getting ready and heading off to work. We ate breakfast together and it was a lot of fun.

Allie's getting older and we need to try and let her do more on her own. My left arm hurt all weekend and I finally realized it was because I was carrying her everywhere. I should have let her walk! I've been letting her use the spoon more and more, and she's actually getting really good at it. But she won't get better at all this stuff unless I let her do it!

Allie is a good travel partner. We have a lot of fun together. I've spent a lot more time alone with her the last few days than I have in awhile. Probably the last time we spent that much time together was when she was 3 months old, before I started working. She's changed a lot since then!

Anyway, pictures from our weekend adventures will be on their way soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment