Friday, May 27, 2011

The most heartbreaking experience

We're lucky that we got through 19 months without a really major illness. We're not so lucky right now. Our poor baby is still sick and its the most heartbreaking experience.

She's slept a lot with this bug. When she's been awake, she's been in a decent mood for the most part. But this morning she was so uncomfortable and cried a lot. She finally kept food down today, so thats good. But she still has plenty of recovery. She's still sitting around on Mama and Dada a lot. She's cuddly. We love her cuddles but hate the reason for them.

Tomorrow we were all supposed to go to my sister Jocelyn's high school graduation and then Grandma and Grandpa were going to baby sit while Doug and I went to a wedding reception. Now I'm going by myself while Dada stays home with Allie. I don't know if I'll end up going to the wedding. We just really hope that she's well enough by Sunday morning to go to my race! We'll all be so sad if Allie and Dada have to miss it.

We did turn a corner today though. So I'm going to be optimistic and say that she will be better. Both so they can go to the race and also so our hearts can stop breaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment