Tuesday, May 31, 2011

This is why I run

I run for me, but I also run for them. My family, Allie and Doug. I want to be a good example for Allie. I want Doug and Allie to be proud of me. I want Allie to see a Mama who is fit and takes care of herself.

Sunday morning I ran my first half marathon in three years. As you can see here, Allie got over her stomach bug and was good to go on race morning.

I've gone on and on about the challenges I've dealt with and how long I waited. Now I'm enjoying the accomplishment. And I enjoy how fascinated Allie was with my medal. She didn't care to wear it, but she loved playing with it.

You can read all about my race over in My Marathon Journey. I've got two different versions (the long version and the shorter, but still pretty long version), more pictures and more followup entries to come.

She was tired and cranky here, ready for naptime, hence the sour face. We went home soon after this picture!

Later when she was more rested, she enjoyed running around the house wearing my medal and carrying my purse. That kid loves purses.

She still didn't want to sit still for a picture though!

No comments:

Post a Comment