Sunday, June 5, 2011

Allie in Dairyland

On Saturday Allie came face to face with America's Dairyland. It was Cows on the Concourse, an event where she had the chance to get up close and personal with the cows! It was held to celebrate June Dairy Month. They also had dairy gifts, booths with milk, ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches and children's activities. We only went to see the cows.

Every day when we go to daycare we pass a cow pasture, and if the cows are close enough to the road, Allie points to them and says "cow."

She really liked seeing the cows close up. It was so cute to hear her little squeals of delight and her huge grin.

This calf is only three months old and she was really tired! One of the other calfs has her own twitter account. Its @volleythecalf.

Allie wasn't into touching the cows, however, unless Dada was holding her. Of course, her squeal was even louder when she did touch one! We enjoyed cows on the concourse, but I'm sure we will enjoy it even more as Allie gets older.

The cows were on the concourse at the same time as the Dane County Farmer's Market. I can't believe we've lived in Madison for five years and only this weekend went to the farmer's market! We got some asparagus, spinach, ground beef, cheese curds, bakery treats and flowers for my planter. We'll go back to the farmer's market next week, but hopefully earlier when it won't be so crowded. I didn't realize how big it was. It was overwelming and took awhile to get through.

I'm hooked. I made linguine with lemon and roasted asparagus for dinner last night and it was great. This afternoon we had our first grill out of the summer and used the ground beef. This ground beef was cheaper than the store and way better than what we buy from the store! Of course, we ate out bakery goodies right away. I also snacked on the cheese curds through the afternoon. Its only been recently that I discovered the awesomeness of fresh cheese curds. The ones I bought were made that day! I think fresh cheese curds might be more of a treat to me than ice cream... maybe.

But enough about my love for cheese curds. We had a nice weekend at home, our first one in awhile. It was nice to get outside and not be on a schedule. Too bad we have to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment