Thursday, June 2, 2011

Taking care of the pearly whites

Allie had her first dentist appointment on Tuesday. It was a cleaning though. It was just to meet the dentist and learn about what goes on there before its time to get teeth cleaned. She won't get her teeth cleaned until she's 3.

I can see why the dentist's office would be scary to a kid. Allie enjoyed it though. We sat in the chair and they gave her a goodie bag including a new toothbrush and kid's toothpaste. She also got to pick a prize from a basket, though I really picked it. I got some cute pink sunglasses with teeth on them. I wanted to take a picture of Allie wearing them, but she destroyed them before I got the chance. So instead I took a picture of her playing with her goodie bag, which she would not let go of all night Tuesday. After she went to bed, the bag was hidden.

The dentist gave me some tips about caring for Allie's teeth and told me about what they'll do when it is time for a cleaning. This office is new to all of us and I was really impressed. Now Mama and Dada have to get in gear and improve some things we've been doing for her teeth. We want her smile to stay pearly white!

In other teeth news, Allie is cutting two new ones! Her two top canine teeth have poked through without my realizing it. Maybe it happened last week when she was sick. I finally saw them last night when I was getting her ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment