Saturday, June 11, 2011

A ride on the carousel

The Dursos had a fun Saturday morning and crossed an item off the summer to-do list! After Mama's first band concert of the summer, we headed to Ella's Deli for lunch and a ride on the carousel.

We spent plenty of time looking through the dessert menu, before we even ordered lunch! Allie looks really grown up here, don't you think?

Allie had teddy bear french toast, that is, french toast shaped like teddy bears. She ate the whole thing! I was pretty impressed, but Dada wasn't, as its not hard to convince Allie to eat food dipped in maple syrup. Good point, Dada.

Ella's Deli is a neat place. The draw is the 1927 carousel outside, but the inside is decorated with more carousel themes and lots of other odd knick knacks. Above we have Humpty Dumpty, Michael JOrdan and Batman.

You can't see in the picture, but above the ice cream counter there's a monkey that rides back and forth on a cable. I remember coming here when I was a kid. My aunt brought us here when she lived in Madison. I'd forgotten about it until however many years later right after Doug and I moved to Madison. We spent plenty of time driving around exploring and the minute I saw the place I remembered. Of course we had to go inside.

I've wanted to ride the carousel, but Doug never wanted to when we didn't have a kid. Well now we do have a kid! So Mama got to ride the carousel too!

Allie really enjoyed the ride. I didn't notice until we were almost done that I'd picked a badger horse for Allie to ride on!

When I was a kid, we went to Godfather's Pizza for everyone's birthdays. We always looked forward to birthdays because we didn't go out to eat much anyway, and I'm not sure we ever went to Godfather's Pizza except for birthdays. So it was special. I think Ella's Deli may become our special birthday place. I also think we may have at least one birthday party there. Its cool because there's no place like it.

When the ride was done a nice lady offered to take a picture of all three of us. These family pictures turned out really nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment