Friday, August 12, 2011

Catching up with technology

What a great picture of Allie! And I took it on my phone!

Yesterday was the day that both Mama's and Dada's cell phones became eligible for upgrade. Mine has been eligible for a year or so, but it took another year before Dada's was eligible. Seeing as how we both hated our old phones and were really excited to get smartphones, we went to the Verizon store at the first possible opportunity, right after work yesterday!

We spent a good amount of time with the salesperson learning about data plans and how the smartphones work and stuff before we made our decision. We had a pretty good idea but it was confirmed with what we learned in the store. We got the Droid X2 and so far they are awesome! Its strange though trying to figure out some of the functions, and discovering all the new things! The first thing I did was post a facebook mobile status! I was up until 10 last night and the time went by so fast because I was playing with that phone.

I figured out the camera this morning and took this sweet picture of Allie. The camera on this phone is 8 megapixels. I think my regular camera is only 5! Talk about quality. I was able to upload the photo to facebook, but I haven't yet figure out how to upload directly to the blog. I have a Picasa web album, which is part of my blogger/google account, but for some reason the upload failed the three times I tried. So I went to send a picture message to my email and realized I could just send an email! So I'm mastering the new technology. I've played so much with my phone today that my battery is just about dead, at 3 p.m. Surely once the newness wears off the battery will last a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment