Sunday, May 9, 2010

Honored to be her mother

Last year my life changed forever the day I woke up and realized it was time to get a pregnancy test. After the initial excitement, I worried that it was the wrong time. But the timing was perfect, as God's timing always is.

Nine months after that, we spent the day in the hospital waiting for Allie to make her debut. On Oct. 30, I joined the club that is motherhood.

Now here we are in May. Allie is 6 months old and growing by leaps and bounds! She's eating plenty of rice cereal and we're getting ready to introduce other solid foods, starting with sweet potatoes. Today we got her cup our for her to try. She seems to know what to do with it, but I don't think she realizes that juice is supposed to come out. She was very interested in drinking from our big-people cups! She's trying to crawl and trying to sit up. She seems content to push her naps back too. More and more she keeps growing up.

We had a nice Mothers Day, going to church and then brunch at Quivey's Grove. Doug gave me a gift card for Rejuvenation Spa, my favorite, and Allie gave me a beautiful heart necklace, so I can keep her heart close by.

I feel honored to be Allie's mom. I still can't believe she's mine! I sometimes miss the days when Doug and I could go anywhere and do anything whenever we wanted. But I also can't imagine my life any other way. I can't wait to see what adventure our family gets to go on next.

1 comment: