Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Comeback #247: So far, so good

OK, its not really #247, but it feels that way. I've run three times in the last week on my third comeback attempt to running since Allie was born. I've started back at the beginning, running for time, increasing by two minutes each run. This morning I got up to 18 minutes. But again I have to figure out what to eat before running to get needed energy, but prevent the nausea I dealt with when I was trying to run after dinner.

My new theory is that by running intervals I was doing more than my body was ready for. So running without walk breaks is helping me to gain strength and also slowing me down. So far, so good, because my shins haven't bothered me at all while running. They still get a little sore in between runs, but its not bad at all.

I'm still working on cross training. My goal is to cross train twice a week and run twice a week, though I see myself moving to cross training once and running three times.

Again, I'm feeling confident in my running. Its refreshing to run without the illusion of training for a half marathon. At some point I will pick some goal races in the fall, but for now I'm just running to build up my strength and get into better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment