Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Da da da da

Those are Allie's first "words," or really, her first real syllables. She says da da, but doesn't know them to mean Doug. Her language and her voice have really gained steam over the last few days. This morning Doug was getting her dressed and saying da da da da, and she repeated after him! It was so cute. I know, I write that everything Allie does is so cute. What can I say? I have a cute baby.

Allie has also started creeping forward! Its not really crawling yet, but its a step forward from scooting backwards. She's also really close to sitting herself up. I've seen her propping herself up with her arms a few times, but it doesn't last long. Its funny how she'll have a few weeks where shes doesn't have too many new things happening, and then they'll all happen at once.

I think we're all pretty much recovered from our weekend. Allie has gone to bed at 6:30 the last two nights, which is an hour early for her. She sleeps through until 6:30 in the morning, but last night she woke up at 1! Its because she was so tired last night that we had to skip a feeding of solids. At least I hope so. I hope getting up at night isn't going to become a pattern again, because I'm really enjoying sleeping through the night. I also hope she'll start staying up until 7:30 because we'll never see her otherwise.

Monk shows no real issues from being in the kennel this weekend. When we kenneled her in September she came home with tummy/diarrhea issues. That wasn't fun. I'm happy that hasn't happened again.

Doug and I are still enjoying the clean house and working to get back into our routine where we make dinner at home and stop eating junk food. Unfortunately there's still some junk-type food in our house from the weekend. We're also getting back to the gym and trying to catch up a little more on sleep. Its hard to get back into a routine when you've been 100 percent invested in something like preparing for a family party for the last two weeks. That was intense. I imagine that intensity will be magnified when its time for big events like Allie's first birthday, which will be in five short months! How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment