Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Not the greatest commute

Here's a funny story that wasn't so funny at the time:

This afternoon I had a chiropractor appointment at 4:45. I was going to leave work at 4:15 and take the bus to the clinic. All was going well until I realized that all the bus stops on the Capitol Square were moved for the summer because of a construction project (ummm yeah, everything is under construction already and its only June!). I realized this too late but ran to the substitute stop anyway to see if I could make it. I didn't. So I called the chiropractic office and rescheduled my appointment. While I was trying to figure out what to do, the bus that goes to my neighborhood came, so I decided to just take it home instead of having Doug come pick me up.

The bus ride was fine. I actually kind of like riding the bus. But the rain was threatening the entire way home. About 15 minutes from home it rained a little and I thought the rain would hold off. It didn't. It started pouring right as the bus got near my stop. The driver offered to drop me off further down the street, but it wouldn't have helped since I had to walk another block over.

So I had no choice but walk home in the pouring rain. I took off my flip flops and ran toward the condo association. I ran through the yard and under decks to try and shelter myself from the rain (it didn't help). By the time I made it to our front door, the only part of me that was still dry was my underwear, seriously. I had to strip down in the doorway! Doug and Allie were getting ready to come pick me up from the bus stop, but the bus got there sooner than he thought it would.

At least it rained a good 45 minutes more before the sun came out again. And I'm happy to say my shins didn't hurt after sprinting in flip flops and in bare feet! But I hope I don't have a commute like that again anytime soon.

2 comments:

  1. It was really pouring yesterday! I'm sorry you got caught in it. And yeah... the construction is insane. I'm glad the baptism and party went smoothly. I think you need to work on Allie saying Ma Ma Ma now so Daddy doesn't get to have all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like taking public transportation...I like reading my book, listening to my I Pod, or just looking out the window instead of concentrating on driving. But, I do hate being at the whim of the train schedule!!

    ReplyDelete