Wednesday, June 30, 2010

8 months old, she's growing so fast

Allie is looking more like her daddy every day. She has some curl in her hair that really comes out in the humidity. I may be biased, but I think she looks so grown up!

It was eight months ago today my darling daughter was born. It seems like just yesterday! Where does time go? It goes so fast, and now that first birthday is just around the corner.


Allie wanted to help put together our new end tables. We got them for her, sort of. Our old end tables would have been easily toppled on top of Allie whenever she started pulling herself up furniture. These are sturdy end tables will stay put and they're actually storage cubes! Pretty convenient for all the stuff we will have to hide from Allie's paws. I don't have a picture of the finished product though, I'll put that on my list.

On Allie's eight-month birthday, I'm thinking a lot about last year at this time. 2009 was a tough year and June was the toughest, but also among the best.

A sampling on June 2009, courtesy of this blog:
- June 30, I officially threw in the towel on running.
- I made the switch to maternity clothes and decided to embrace my pregnant belly.
- I had two job interviews, but ultimately no job.
- We found out Allie was Allie and not Ethan!

Here's what Allie looked at last year around this time:

Wow!

She's growing up so fast and changing by the day, by the minute sometimes. I feel like if we blink, we'll miss it. Recently we've lowered her crib mattress and graduated from the infant bath tub to the big tub. We're amazed by her ability to entertain herself by doing silly things like panting like a dog and blowing raspberries. She's working on mastering the sippy cup and is just starting to get finger foods. We've had to work on babyproofing the house and we're looking into the next car seat. There's another big pile of clothes in her closet that mommy needs to pack away; then I need to start getting out the next size!

1 comment:

  1. Glad running is going well for you. Allie is starting to look grown up with all that curly hair.

    ReplyDelete