Thursday, November 12, 2009

Crazy how fast time flies

I can't believe its already early Thursday morning! I keep meaning to post more pictures or even just write a quick update, but the time just gets away from me too fast. Our lives are starting to become more normal though. I cleaned the kitchen this afternoon and actually liked it.

Feeding Allie is getting better and better. We're seeing the lactation consultant again tomorrow and I'm really interested to find out Allie's weight. She's really started chunking out over the course of today. I'm interested too in finding out how much milk she's getting from me now. All of the sudden tonight she started breast feeding really well, looking like she's done it her whole life!

The swelling in my feet is finally going down. Thats been the worst part of this post partum time for me. They're still a little puffy but they look so skinny! My face is less swollen too and I'm hoping to start wearing my wedding ring again soon. I excited to report that I've now lost 19 pounds. Hopefully soon I can put on normal shoes again, and then I can start walking and working toward exercising and losing the rest of that weight.

Doug and I have a tentative plan for nighttime feedings once he goes back to work. We're trying it the rest of his vacation to see how well it works out.

Like I said before, the days just blow by. I really want to get working on Allie's baby book before too much time goes by. I also really want to post more pictures. Lots of people are asking for them... they're coming soon, I swear!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! I'm glad you are getting back to normal again between your routine and Allie eating and your bod returning to its normal shape. Count me as another who can't wait for more Allie pictures :).

    ReplyDelete