Friday, November 13, 2009

Two weeks already

I could use the same title every week: (Number of) weeks already! I can't believe how quickly the time flies by. I feel like I just gave birth to Allie yesterday and she's already 2 weeks old.

I am still amazed that Doug and I made this little girl, she's ours!

She had her 2-week check up today and all is going great. She's not quite back up to her birth weight just yet, but really close at 8 pounds and 11.5 ounces. She's grown half an inch for a length of 20.5 inches and her head circumfrance is 36.5 inches. That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and 30th for length and head size. What we learned today is that she is short just like her mommy!

I love being a mommy so far. Allie was up until 2 this morning and I was up with her and I didn't mind one bit. I'm really loving spending time with her when she's awake. She's seeing a focusing more every day. I can't wait to see the new things she does each day!

Breast feeding continues to improve. Its still not perfect, not even close really, but its way better than it was at its worst last weekend. I am sure that we will figure this out.

Its been a busy two weeks and Doug and I are looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend before he goes back to work on Monday. While I'm nervous about taking care of Allie by myself, I know I can do it. I'm looking forward to it. It will be nice to get some quality girl time with my baby. Feedings will take longer without Daddy there to help, but I'll have to figure it out eventually!

Seems like a really common phrase for us lately is "figure it out." I wonder when we will figure it out? Probably never! We'll figure out one thing and then tackle the next. It will be an adventure, one I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment