Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Solo mommyhood

Doug went back to work yesterday :-( Allie and I miss him, but doing the solo mommy thing is going pretty well. Since Allie still sleeps more than she's awake, all I have to do is coordinate feedings, which isn't proving too difficult, especially since I've stopped giving her the bottle.

We've had a couple days where we didn't leave the house and now I'm ready to move. Luckily its Tuesday, which is Mother Baby Hour day. Plus tonight is pilates. Since daddy misses Allie during the day, he doesn't mind one bit watching her by himself while I go to pilates.

I reached another postpartum milestone today: For the first time in months, I am wearing my wedding ring on my finger instead of a necklace! It feels really weird, like maybe it still doesn't fit. But I'm able to pull it off easily, so I guess it just feels weird since I haven't worn it in months. Maybe it felt like this when I first put it on two and a half years ago. At any rate, I'm glad to be wearing it again!

Off to feed Allie!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're continuing to get your normal body back. What is Mother Baby Hour day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a support group for new moms. Its free for 0- to 3-month-olds. We talk about whats going on and there's also a weekly main topic. I like it to get out of the house and also to connect with other new moms.

    ReplyDelete