Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello normal-size feet, good to see you again

For the first time in several months, my feet are back to their normal size! I think their length may have grown a bit, but with the swelling finally gone, they look so skinny!

I wore normal shoes today for the first time in at least three weeks, maybe more. I wore them to the gym, where I was so excited to do pilates class this morning. I felt like a dork walking into the gym with a big smile on my face, but I was that excited. Now that normal shoes fit, I can start going to the gym and walking on the treadmill. I'll stick with pilates and walking for a week or two and see when I feel like I can do more. I'm really looking forward to running again, but in talking to running mommy friends, I may have to wait until about 8 weeks postpartum before I can really try.

But at least I can exercise again! Pilates went really well today. I was surprised that I could do most of the core work, more than I ever could while pregnant. I guess I still have some fitness, even in my core. I got a little fatigued in the last 15 minutes, but I did more than I expected. It felt so good to properly stretch, I can't remember the last time I could do that. The best part was that my gym clothes fit. In the last few weeks of pregnancy, I felt so silly walking into the gym... I had to tug my shirt down and my pants up!

I've now lost one-third of my pregnancy weight, 22 out of 65 pounds. I did the math, from what I could remember at least, and I've lost about the last two months worth of pregnancy weight in the last two weeks. Though breast feeding has been tough, I'm eating whatever I want and still losing the weight! I don't know how long that will last, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can. Its so nice to finally get started on some of my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment