Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting to know you



It seems like I'm really getting to know my baby. At first I thought it was because I'm spending more time at home with her, but if anything I might be spending less time at home, at least this month.

Then I realized there's just more of her to get to know. She's really getting playful. She will play on her own for short amounts of time. But then she'll cry out to get our attention. She's so clever. If Doug has the lap top on his lap, she will peer through the fold from under the computer. She likes to stand on her head now. Is it possible she'll turn a summersault before she learns to walk?

And she's getting so big. I'm getting out clothes in 12 to 18 months and some that are bigger than that! She's always jabbering and she's adding new syllables every day. Sometimes she repeats after us when we talk. She's so tall and she's eating all sorts of grown up foods. She enjoys chunks of peaches and pears as well as cottage cheese and regular cheese too. She doesn't like going to bed and will cry herself to sleep, but then she'll sleep two to three hours or sometimes more. Then she wakes up and cries for us and smiles the minute we enter the room. Our little girl is growing up we're really loving getting to know her.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, look at her go! She may have a future in the circus!

    ReplyDelete