Saturday, August 21, 2010

Vacation!

The first day of vacation started early. We woke up at 5:15 for me to run the Madison Mini Marathon 5k, and for Daddy and Allie to watch. It wasn't a pretty race, but its done. A full recap is available here.

After working seven months, I am finally on vacation. Its my first paid vacation in two years. The week is filling up with activities, but there will be plenty of relaxation and sleeping in too.

Our big event this week will be our trip down to Southern Illinois to see Grandma and Grandpa Durso and also some good friends. It will be a fun visit because Allie has learned a lot of new tricks since Grandma and Grandpa last saw her.

We won't be leaving on that trip until Wednesday. Before that we want to have a family trip to the pool and we also plan on buying Allie her big girl car seat. I also have a few projects I'd like to get done. For a long time I've wanted to organize all the recipes I use the most into our own family cookbook. I'm hopeful I can get that started and maybe even finished this week. It would also be nice to update Allie's baby book and get the house fully babyproofed. I guess time will tell if those goals are too ambitious.

No matter what I get done or what I don't get done, it will be awfully nice have 5 paid days off from work.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first race back. It was hot out there! Hope you have a great vacation and that you are able to stop by on Monday for some cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's learned new tricks? What is she, a dog? :)

    ReplyDelete