Thursday, August 19, 2010

My foray into food blogging

OK, I am so not a food blogger, but I wanted to share tonight's dinner.

I made beef stroganoff and sweet potatoes. I've never actually made sweet potatoes before and I wasn't sure how to cook them. Turns out you can boil them just like regular potatoes. It was really hard to cut them though!

Anyway, the reason I'm proud of this meal is because I've branched out and made something I've never made before, that is better for us than regular potatoes (aren't they?) and because Allie had almost the same dinner as us.

I took some sweet potatoes out, mashed them up, and stuck them in the freezer to cool them quick for Allie to eat. She loved them.

We've been trying the non-pureed versions of food Allie likes. So far she's had peaches and the sweet potatoes. Both have been successful. Other new foods high on Allie's list are cottage cheese, regular cheese, blueberries and scrambled eggs. I've also heard that she's had some bread and a muffin at daycare. I'm having a lot of fun introducing these new foods to her! A few weeks ago I was intimidated by expanding Allies' food horizons, but its actually a lot of fun. We have yet to really have success with meats, but I've heard those can be a challenge.

Here's our finished product. It makes me wish I had the time and/or motivation to cook like this more often. Its not even like it was a hard meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment