Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Finally!

After hearing rumors and getting the "unofficial" confirmation a month or so ago, I finally got the official word in the mail today that my project position has been extended to July 31, 2013!

I actually got this news a month ago because when someone in HR was putting the extensions in our timesheet system accidentally terminated me! That was kind of funny at first, but it got old when I started getting letters about continuation of insurance coverage and unused leave payments. So at the time I was told we had gotten the extension but to keep my lips zipped.

Well now they don't need to stay zipped anymore! I don't know why it took so long to get the official word, but I'm glad to have it!

I have been interviewing for some other jobs over the last month as well. I haven't been talking about it much here just because I don't really have anything to say about them yet. Five weeks ago I interviewed for an overpayment collections job and I still haven't heard anything yet on that one, though I do know they checked my references. Then last week I interviewed at the call center last Tuesday and for a delinquent tax collections position last Wednesday. That week was stressful! I have heard from all three of my references that they were called on the collections position. I haven't heard anything about the call center, but I'm 99 percent sure I'd turn it down if offered.

So its Wednesday night, but my Friday! I am taking tomorrow off as a Mama day. Then Friday Doug is taking off and we're headed to Minneapolis! We are so excited for this trip.

1 comment: