Thursday, October 27, 2011

Looking back: The first year

With Allie's second birthday coming up, I thought it would be fun to go back and find one picture a month from the last two years. This is year 1. It was really neat to go through all the pictures and see the changes as she grew, as her personality started coming out. I haven't looked at the pictures from her first year in awhile. Its amazing how different she looked when she was tiny, but that she also looks the same.

Birthday: At 1 day old, Allie dressed up for Halloween too. But it was only for about 20 minutes. She was sleepy and Mama was (needlessly) paranoid about her wearing clothing that hadn't been washed yet. Ahhh, the silly things I used to worry about.

Month 1, November: One of her awake moments. She couldn't do much. She'd try to roll around without success. She would cry when we'd put her on her tummy.

Month 2, December: This was on Christmas Eve. We had her all dressed up with her coat on and all that dress crammed into the carseat. I'm not sure how we got her buckled in.

Month 3, January: Allie was really starting to smile a lot. She hated tummy time, but didn't mind it when her face wasn't on the floor. This was a few days before I started working and I was taking lots of pictures to take that perfect one to work. This is one of the ones I took.

Month 4, February: By this time she was rolling over and she didn't mind tummy time so much anymore. She was awake a lot more and starting to play.

Month 5, March: There's that big smile!

 Month 6, April: Rolling over, eating solids and discovering her feet!

Month 7, May: She loved, and still loves, going to the grocery store and seeing all there is to see there.

Month 8, June: We went to the Discovery World Museum in Milwaukee and she was fascinated by the fish and the ship on the top floor as well as the taste of her stroller!

Month 9, July: She started standing before she was 9 months old! It was soon after this that she started walking, but she wasn't really good at walking until sometime near her birthday.

Month 10, August: This was when we switched her from the infant seat to the convertible seat. She was getting so big and we managed to keep her in the infant carrier that long!

Month 11, September: We had to start baby proofing, which included the fence to keep her in the living room. This fence was and still is a lifesaver!


Month 12, October 30, 2011: Our baby turned 1! She didn't really "get" the present thing. She enjoyed the cake though! I think she'll be way more into presents on Sunday and probably more into the cake too.

Stay tuned for the second year!

3 comments:

  1. I guess I should have washed her Halloween onesie huh?? Looking back on these pictures of "Itty Bitty" I had almost forgotten just how Itty Bitty she really was at one time!! I know I was teasing you before about it, but it makes me wonder how I will feel when my baby is one or two...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like it was so long ago but not so long ago at the same time! Man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I miss little Baby Allie. But I wouldn't change Big Girl Allie (who we still call Baby Allie) for anything either. Justin and I love our little niece!

    ReplyDelete