Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Just Mama and Allie

Poor Dada is sick again. :-( Some kind of stomach thing. He went straight to bed when we got home from work yesterday, so it was just Mama and Allie.

I decided to be daring and let Allie have the run of the house while I made dinner. Since Dada wasn't eating, I could have just made us something quick. But I needed to make something that would have leftovers to take for lunch. So I made this pasta with Mexican black bean sauce.

She loved standing on the step stool watching me put things in the pan. I chopped onions and opened cans and put in spices and she looked at everything and smelled it before I put it in. She handed me the cans and thought it was really neat when I drained the pasta and when I used the food processor to blend the beans with the rest of the sauce.

The sauce doesn't look all that appetizing, but its really good! We love black beans in our house and the combination of the black beans with tomato and the spices is quite tasty. Its a nice protein alternative for hamburger in regular marinara sauce.

Allie liked it too! She ate a bowl of just plain pasta but then wanted more with the sauce. She even used a big kid spoon. But she's really funny with the big kid spoon, she put the pasta on the spoon and then picked it off and ate it with her fingers.

It was a nice night together, but exhausting. I have a few mama friends who's husbands travel a lot for work. I don't know how they do it! Unfortunately Dada is still sick this evening and I got to do it all again. But this time we got home from work late and then Monk got out and decided to take a run around the block. She's never done that before! Then it was a quick dinner, bath and cleaning the kitchen and doing laundry. Now I'm finally sitting down!

No comments:

Post a Comment