Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pancakes!

This morning Mama ran 10 miles. Right after finishing that Mama had to get to the chiropractor. Then Mama was starving. We managed to run way low on food this week, but somehow had the ingredients for pancakes in the house. So what does Mama do? Make pancakes of course. And Allie helped!

Allie loves pancakes. I make them almost every weekend. We like regular pancakes but also banana pancakes and especially chocolate chip pancakes. When I said I'd make pancakes, Allie kept shouting "pancakes!"

I say this a lot, but Allie helped me make the pancakes and I think its the most fun we've had together. Allie stood on the step stool and watched me measure the ingredients. After I measured the ingredients, Allie helped me put them on the bowl. Then she held the whisk with me and we stirred them up together. We decided to put chocolate chips in too.

I wish I had pictures! After mixing the pancakes we moved the step stool over by the griddle and watched me cook the pancakes.

Then it was the best part... eating them! I asked Allie if she liked eating food that she made and she answered in her new, "umm hmm." Its the cutest thing ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment