Saturday, October 22, 2011

My cheerleaders

Mama ran her fourth half marathon this morning. And Allie and Dada were there cheering! It was frigid to start, but we all survived and had a great time! It was nice that we could seek refuge inside before the start.


The start and finish were at a resort on Lake Geneva. The course also came back by the start at mile 3. So Dada and Allie were able to see Mama three times without going anywhere! After the start Allie played a bit and then after mile 3 they got in the car and cruised. I don't blame them. The weather was perfect for running but not so much for spectating.



I feel so lucky. I know a lot of runner friends who's husbands and families aren't always supportive of their running or, if they are, don't go to races. Allie and Dada have been to all my races unless it was too cold or rainy. And I feel so privileged to have my own cheering section!

This picture is early in the race, when I passed the start again at mile 3. I still felt great at this point, this is before the hills started taking their toll. After this picture I stopped and gave Allie and Dada both a big kiss and kept going.

A full report is forthcoming. The short version is this: I knew there would be hills, but this course was basically all rolling hills. It was TOUGH. So that makes it even sweeter that I met my main goal, which was to beat 2:30. I beat it with time to spare, final result 2:28:54!

No comments:

Post a Comment